It is the policy of School that when smoke or fire is detected, the fire alarm must be sounded. The fire alarm consists of the repeated sounding of a coded signal and broadcast message. There is no specific alarm signal to indicate if the alert is a drill or an actual fire emergency.
If you discover or suspect a fire:
Press the nearest fire alarm button
Call Public Safety Office: (022) 66336498
Upon hearing the alarm, students, faculty members, staff and visitors must exit the building using the nearest exit. Follow the evacuation chart posted in every room and the exit signage in the corridors.
• NEVER use an elevator for evacuation.
• Close all doors and windows to prevent the spread of fire and smoke.
• Keep low to the floor to avoid inhaling smoke and toxic gases.
• Once in the stairway, proceed down/up to the first floor and exit the building. Move away from the building and gather at the assembly point for head counting. Stay out of the way of firefighters and other emergency personnel.
• Do not attempt or allow students or personnel to re-enter the building for any reason, until you are authorized to do so.
• If you require assistance, contact Public Safety Office or call 119 for assistance.
The School is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted on School property.
How to Use a Fire Extinguisher
• It is easy to remember how to use a fire extinguisher if you can memorize the acronym PASS,
- Pull the pin. This will allow you to discharge the extinguisher.
- Aim at the base of the fire. If you aim at the flames (which is frequently the temptation), the extinguisher agent will fly right through and do no good.
- Squeeze the top handle or lever. This depresses a button that releases the pressurized extinguishing agent in the fire extinguisher.
- Sweep from side to side, until the fire is completely out. Start using the fire extinguisher from a safe distance away, then move forward. Once the fire is out, keep an eye on the area in case it reignites.