Applies to: All Members of the Tianjin Juilliard Community, which refers to the various individuals who are intimately attached to The Tianjin Juilliard School, including all faculty, staff, and students; parents and alumni. In the interest of maintaining a productive and non-coercive educational and work environment, The Tianjin Juilliard School (“Tianjin Juilliard” or “School”) prohibits unauthorized solicitation for charity or services, distribution of literature of any kind, distribution for sale of merchandise, or engaging in any other venture involving personal financial gain on School property and/or through utilizing School resources. This includes solicitation, sales and/or distribution on all School-owned and rented buildings and grounds.
The unauthorized creation and/or sale of merchandise using the Tianjin Juilliard names, logos or trademarks (registered or non-registered) is strictly prohibited under all circumstances. Please inform email@example.com if a violation of this Policy is observed.
For purposes of this Policy, solicitation or soliciting includes, but is not limited to:
- Canvassing, soliciting or seeking to obtain membership in or support for any organization requesting contributions.
- Posting or distributing handbills, pamphlets, petitions, advertising materials, and any similar materials.
- Peddling or otherwise selling, purchasing or offering goods and services for sale or purchase.
- Engaging in any other conduct relating to any outside business interests, or for personal profit or economic benefit, on Tianjin Juilliard property or using Tianjin Juilliard resources (including, without limitation, the use of classrooms, studios or performance areas; bulletin boards; computers; mail, email and telecommunication systems; photocopiers; telephone lists; and databases).
Approval of Solicitation
Any group or individual wishing to distribute, post and display literature or printed materials of any kind; to sell or solicit others to purchase memberships, merchandise or services; or to recruit on campus, must obtain appropriate approvals in writing in advance from Tianjin Juilliard before doing so as set forth below:
- Registered student clubs or student organizations must receive prior written approval from the Office of Student Development.
- Students must receive a prior written approval from the Office of Residence Life for distributing or posting in the Residence Hall.
- Faculty or staff members must receive a prior written approval from the Office of Human Resources, Marketing, and Legal.
Non-Tianjin Juilliard affiliated solicitors will be asked to leave the campus by Tianjin Juilliard’s Security Officers as required by Public Safety.
All approved solicitation must adhere to the following guidelines:
- No interference with other Tianjin Juilliard policies.
- No interference or competition with the operations of Tianjin Juilliard or its contractual relations with others.
- No infringement upon the School’s trademarks or logos or other intellectual property rights.
- No interference with instruction, the orderly operation of the School and the maintenance of its grounds.
- No obstruction of the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- No use of sound amplification equipment or in any way interfere with the rights of other individuals on School property.
- No information that contains false, misleading, or illegal claims. 禁止包含虚假、误导或非法要求的信息。
- No promotion or consumption of alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, or smoking related products.
- No representation, implied or direct, that suggests Tianjin Juilliard’s endorsement or guarantee of any products or services.
In the event of any violation of this Policy, individuals may be subject to disciplinary action according to the School's relevant policies (where applicable); permission to engage in authorized solicitation may be revoked; and future requests may be denied.
[Updated for 2023]