Tianjin Juilliard Identification (ID) Cards
The Tianjin Juilliard ID card is proof of an individual’s affiliation with the School. It is intended to facilitate access to Tianjin Juilliard internal resources that are only available to current Tianjin Juilliard students. Pursuant to ensuring authorized access to School facilities and to increase security and safety generally, Tianjin Juilliard students are required to carry their ID at all times while inside the Tianjin Juilliard Building. New students will be issued ID cards during student orientation and registration. Each student is strongly encouraged to display their ID while inside the Tianjin Juilliard Building, especially during evenings and weekends (displaying ID is mandatory on weekends when Tianjin Juilliard Pre-College and Continuing Education programs are in session). The purpose is to distinguish readily Tianjin Juilliard community members from outside patrons and visitors.
- If a Tianjin Juilliard student does not have an active Tianjin Juilliard-issued ID card or has forgotten their ID card, the student will need to register with the Public Safety Officer at the Main Reception in the lobby.
- All ID cards that have been reported lost or stolen will be deactivated.
- Replacements for lost/stolen ID cards may be obtained through the Office of Facilities and Public Safety. Individuals will be required to show a government-issued ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport) before a replacement ID is issued. The replacement cost is RMB250.
The following policies apply to the use of Tianjin Juilliard-issued ID cards:
- Tianjin Juilliard students are required to carry their ID at all times while inside the Tianjin Juilliard Building.
- Student must show their ID upon request to any School official or Pubic Safety Officer.
- If a student forgets their ID card three (3) or more times, the student may be subject to disciplinary action and/or financial penalty.
- All individuals are required to display their Tianjin Juilliard-issued ID on weekends when inside the Tianjin Juilliard Building during the academic year and at other times as required by Public Safety Officer. IDs should not be displayed outside the Tianjin Juilliard Building.
Visitor and Guest Access Administration
Specific requirements for visitor access are as follows:
- Visitors requesting to see specific individuals must be sponsored by that individual (i.e., their host) who must be a current member of the Tianjin Juilliard community. All hosts are responsible for their visitors while inside the School Building or the Residence Hall.
- Students are requested to meet their guests in the lobby of the Intercontinental Hotel, and to comply with the Intercontinental Hotel guest and security policies, as well as the Tianjin Juilliard School Residence Hall Regulations.
- Visitor passes are issued upon presentation of a government or other official ID card to a Public Safety Officer present at the Main Reception in the lobby.
- Visitation requirements and procedures for residential students can be viewed in the Tianjin Juilliard Residence Hall Regulations.
Student Policies for Visitors and Guests
The following policies apply to students with regard to visitors and guests:
- Visitors and guests must be applied for and approved by their School host prior to their entering the buildings. An online Visitor System is accessible via mobile device, and/or MyHub. Registration is also possible in person at School Main Reception in the lobby.
- Students are not permitted to sign-in visitors when classes are not in session.
- All visitors to the Tianjin Juilliard Building, exclusive of performance patrons, must be cleared for entry and escorted before entering internal space (i.e., beyond the turnstiles).
- Students are responsible and will be held accountable for behaviors and actions of their visitors and guests while on campus.
- Visitors and guests must adhere to School policies/procedures and must abide by any directives issued by the Tianjin Juilliard Facilities and Public Safety Office. The Facilities and Public Safety Office may dismiss visitors and guests at any time.
- Visitors may not use or share performance, classroom, or practice facilities at the School without prior permission from the appropriate department and/or other appropriate Tianjin Juilliard administration official.
Academic classrooms, offices and large studios have prescribed schedules by semester.
For all other common area spaces, performance venues, recording studios, computer lab and any other Tianjin Juilliard-owned space, students must abide by all posted hours of operation and procedures for reservation and use.
Practice Room Policies
Tianjin Juilliard provides ample state-of-the-art facilities for practice and rehearsal which are valuable resources and must be protected by all students. The following policies must be observed to ensure mutual respect and fairness in the Tianjin Juilliard community while using these facilities.
1. All practice rooms and rehearsal spaces must be reserved through the School’s room reservation system. Graduate School (GS) Student(s) must vacate a practice room or classroom if another student has reserved that room officially.
2. By reserving any classroom or practice room, GS students assume responsibility for the duration of the reservation period. While other Tianjin Juilliard students may also be in the room for rehearsal purposes, the student who reserves the room remains responsible for the space and the equipment in the room.
3. GS students are not permitted to teach private lessons to non-Tianjin Juilliard clients in the practice rooms, classrooms or anywhere in the Tianjin Juilliard Building or Residence Hall.
4. GS students are NOT permitted to sign in outside guests. If it is necessary to sign in non-Tianjin Juilliard personnel to rehearse for School-related performances with GS students, students must obtain approval from the Performance Operations Office. For further information and approval process, please refer to the section about Recital Approvals in the Student Handbook and Solo Recital Handbook .
5. All community members are expected to be considerate and civil when obtaining or utilizing a practice room.
6. Any damage must be reported as quickly as possible to Reception in the lobby or by email to email@example.com.
1. Tianjin Juilliard uses the ASIMUT system for room reservations. Practice rooms must be reserved either by using ASIMUT kiosks located in the hallways on the second and third floors, or online using the ASIMUT app.
2. There are no limitations on the number of hours per day students can reserve rooms on ASIMUT. However, any one room can only be booked for a maximum of three (3) hours at a time in order to give all students access to preferred practice spaces. It is possible to book the same room for six (6) hours after the original booking ends.
3. GS students can reserve rooms on ASIMUT up to 2 weeks in advance.
4. Large, medium and small practice rooms on the second and third floors are available for reservation. All rooms with the exception of some small and medium practice rooms are equipped with grand pianos. There are three (3) classrooms on the second floor that may be reserved for larger ensemble rehearsals.
5. For detailed instructions on using ASIMUT, please click HERE .
Practice Room Usage Policies
Food and Drink
1. No food is allowed in practice rooms or classrooms at any time.
2. Only water in a closed bottle is permitted in practice rooms or classrooms. Except when drinking, bottles must be kept closed and in a bag or backpack and at all times bottles must be held at least one meter’s distance away from any part of a piano.
3. Food and drink may NEVER be placed on any part of a piano.
If food and/or drink is discovered in a practice room or classroom it will be photographed and then confiscated and thrown away. In addition, if a student is found with food and drink in a room, the student will also be photographed and identified. Repeated offenses may result in disciplinary action.
1. Personal belongings, including laptops, recording devices, microphones, etc., must be removed from rooms when a practice block is finished.
2. No instrument cases, laptops, bags, etc. should be placed on pianos
3. Personal belongings should NEVER be left in a room overnight.
Belongings left overnight in practice rooms and classrooms will be photographed and the owner identified. In addition, items may be removed and placed in Lost and Found inside Teaching Office Suite Room 3D10.
Practice Room Windows
Glass windows in practice room and classroom doors and shades for floor to ceiling windows MUST be left unblocked.
Protection of Pianos
In addition to no food or drink being allowed near pianos:
1. Do not remove piano benches from a practice room or classroom
2. Replace piano covers, keys protector and close keyboard lid after using pianos.
3. Pianos may not be moved.
4. To report piano damage or request piano maintenance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TJS security officers, TJS staff and faculty ALL have the authority to check practice rooms and classrooms for room usage violations. If a student is caught violating TJS room policies, the student will be photographed and identified. Students are cautioned not to argue with security officers or staff who take your photograph. If you believe you did not commit a violation of the TJS practice room policy, please speak to the Interim Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs.
Destruction and/or Unauthorized Use of Tianjin Juilliard Space
Use of Tianjin Juilliard space and resources is a privilege to be respected and taken seriously. It is incumbent upon all members of the Tianjin Juilliard community to ensure that a positive environment is maintained at all times.
Students must understand and abide by all policies pertaining to destruction of space/property and unauthorized use of space/property and will be held accountable for violations as follows:
- Theft, damage and/or vandalism to personal or School property or services or illegal possession or use of the same.
- Unauthorized entry, use or occupation of School facilities that are locked, closed or otherwise restricted as to use.
- Interference with, or willful negligence of, the security of any campus facility. This includes:
- unauthorized duplication of keys
- propping doors open
- not utilizing a valid School ID when entering the School or Residence Hall
- not properly displaying the School issued ID in practice room doors
- providing an unauthorized person the use of another person’s School issued ID or privileges
- obstructing School video surveillance
- all other acts deemed negligent by Office of Facilities and Public Safety or the Assistant Dean of Student Affair
The Tianjin Juilliard Library is located on the 4th and 5th floor in Building D and is projected to be a functional lending and research library in the next academic year. The library is an ideal space for study, and is open during normal building hours, from 8:00am to midnight except holidays and winter/summer breaks.
No food or drink may be brought into the library.
In addition to JuilCat, students are encouraged to take full advantage of Juilliard’s extraordinary online resources:
JuilCat Plus: a rich collection of streaming audio and video collections, online journals, reference databases, and other research tools.
JMedia: a digital repository for recordings of past performances presented by Juilliard students and faculty
Juilliard Manuscript Collection: an extraordinary collection of 140 priceless autograph manuscripts, sketches, engravers proofs and first editions.
The following policies pertain to performances requiring use of Tianjin Juilliard spaces:
1. The Office of Performance Operations must approve all recitals and public performances. Please contact email@example.com for recital and concert space reservation procedures, and recital protocols. Students must abide by all policies and procedures as listed on the Solo Recital Handbook .
2. For recitals involving non-TJS personnel, additional permission is required by contacting the Office of Performance Operations and completing required paperwork.
3. Concerts, recitals, or other performances that are not part of the Tianjin Juilliard curriculum are subject to the Independent Student Projects policy below.
Independent Student Projects
Students who wish to use Tianjin Juilliard facilities or resources for performances or other projects that are independent of the Tianjin Juilliard curriculum are required to obtain appropriate approvals. In order to initiate the approval process, students are advised to consult with the Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs and the Assistant Dean of Performance Activities.