Tianjin Juilliard’s Counseling Services
Mental Health Counseling
Mental Health Counseling works on a foundation of therapeutic alliance, aiming to help students gain a better understanding of themselves, and develop effective techniques for navigating emotions and daily stresses. Therapists are trained to be objective listeners who help you to clarify issues, discover your true wishes and feelings, and deal effectively with problems.
Possible topics for exploration include but not limited to:
- performance anxiety
- sleeping concerns
- depressive mood
- culture adaptation
- academic stress
For drop-in visits: please come to Room 5D18 from 11 am to 12 pm & 2 pm to 3 pm Mon-Fri.
For special request during the off-hour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
If there is an emergency, please call 110.
To reach the Director of Counseling and Mental Health after hours or in an emergency please call:
The Wellness Program
The Tianjin Juilliard Wellness Program provides various physical and mental wellness activities for music students, helping them navigate through performance stress and difficulties in life. The design of the Wellness Program is in a need-based manner. You are welcome to send your request for specific topics to email@example.com for review.
Tina Tian, LMSW, Director of Counseling and Mental Health
Free mental health hotline list in Mandarin : https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/UIyHMkR6Nm8Ybv9z4iJ8QQ
For LGBTQ advocacy & mental health:
1. 庄尼心理 zhuangni psychology (wechat: beijingLGBT)
- Free mental health counseling for LGBTQ community, and free
workshops on gender and sexuality & sex psychology.
2. China white ribbon anti-violence for man hotline: 4000110391
- Free counseling for male survivors of violence
3. Rainbow anti-violence project hotline: 4001166308
- Free anti-violence and survivor advocacy mental health hotline every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 2pm – 6 pm, Tuesday, Thursday 8pm -10pm
- Free legal consultation and advocacy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday 2pm - 6pm
4. Beijing LGBTQ center (wechat: bjservicecenter)
- A community with resources and workshops on LGBTQ topics.
5. The Trevor Project – A resource for LGBTQ students
- The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention for students age 25 and under identifying as LGBTQ. They offer support on a variety of issues affecting emotional well-being, regardless of whether a student’s concerns are directly related to identifying as LGBTQ.
Chat online: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now. Available 7 days/ week from 3am-10am Beijing time