Tianjin Juilliard’s Counseling Services
Mental Health Counseling
Mental Health Counseling works on a foundation of therapeutic alliance, aiming to help students gain a better understanding of themselves, and develop effective techniques for navigating emotions and daily stresses. Therapists are trained to be objective listeners who help you to clarify issues, discover your true wishes and feelings, and deal effectively with problems.
Possible topics for exploration include but not limited to:
- performance anxiety
- sleeping concerns
- depressive mood
- culture adaptation
- academic stress
To schedule an appointment: please send an email to Counseling@tianjinjuilliard.edu.cn including a phone number where a counselor can reach you.
For drop-in visits: please come to Room 5D06 from 1 to 3pm Mon-Fri.
If there is an emergency, please call 110.
To reach the Director of Counseling and Mental Health after hours or in an emergency please call:
Tianjin Juilliard provides varies mental health outreach program to help students navigate through academic stress and difficulties in life. Please see the Health, Counseling and Wellness page on the Sharepoint Student Affairs website for more details and a schedule of Wellness Events.
Tina Tian, LMSW, Director of Counseling and Mental Health
Free mental health hotline list
For gender-based violence:
1. Weiping women’s empowerment organization 15117905157
- Provides free counseling after encounter gender-based violence. Free
referrals for legal consultation.
2. Beijing Yuanzhong Gender development center 17701242202
- Provides comprehensive care to survivors of gender-based violence, including mental health counseling, legal consultation, economic advocacy and shelter.
For LGBTQ advocacy & mental health:
1. 庄尼心理 zhuangni psychology (wechat: beijingLGBT)
- Free mental health counseling for LGBTQ community, and free
workshops on gender and sexuality & sex psychology.
2. China white ribbon anti-violence for man hotline: 4000110391
- Free counseling for male survivors of violence
3. Rainbow anti-violence project hotline: 4001166308
- Free anti-violence and survivor advocacy mental health hotline every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 2pm – 6 pm, Tuesday, Thursday 8pm -10pm
- Free legal consultation and advocacy every Monday, Wednesday and Friday 2pm - 6pm
4. Beijing LGBTQ center (wechat: bjservicecenter)
- A community with resources and workshops on LGBTQ topics.
5. The Trevor Project – A resource for LGBTQ students
- The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention for students age 25 and under identifying as LGBTQ. They offer support on a variety of issues affecting emotional well-being, regardless of whether a student’s concerns are directly related to identifying as LGBTQ.
Chat online: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now. Available 7 days/ week from 3am-10am Beijing time