Your application and pre-screening recordings are due December 1. To begin, create your Tianjin Juilliard admissions account, gather the required application materials, and follow the instructions to complete your application.
Start your application now.
The 770 RMB* application fee is non-refundable and must be paid through your application status page upon submission of your application. Your application is not considered complete until the fee has been received.
*When paying with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal, the amount will be approximately $110 USD assuming an exchange rate of 7 RMB to $1 USD. The actual amount charged to your account may vary slightly due to fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Tianjin Juilliard's Admissions Committee uses your essays to learn more about you as an individual and gain a sense of who you are beyond your application, transcript, and audition. They are also used to confirm that you have the scholastic competence necessary to succeed in graduate-level coursework. Essays should be double-spaced, in a 12-point font such as Times Roman or Arial. Please note that essays should be written in English (not translated from another language) and be your own original work.
Essay #1 | Choose one of the following prompts:
- Many artists experience a moment that crystallizes their career goals. Describe what that moment was for you. Be specific and tell us how that moment continues to influence your artistic and academic work to this day.
- The Cambridge Dictionary defines integrity as “the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles,” as well as “wholeness and unity.” How would you define artistic integrity for yourself and your art form?
Please write approximately 500-650 words for the prompt of your choice.
- What has inspired you to apply specifically to The Tianjin Juilliard School? Please include any relevant personal and professional context.
Please write approximately 300-400 words on this prompt.
Your Artistic Résumé should follow a general résumé format. The résumé should be 1-2 pages, and include the following information:
- Your educational background (including private teachers with whom you have studied)
- Significant performance experiences
- Professional orchestra and ensemble experiences (include chair/seating)
- Summer programs/festivals (include year(s) of attendance)
- Competitions, prizes and awards
- Any other information you would like to share with the Admissions Committee
Transcripts are an important component of the decision process and help us determine if you are prepared to succeed in course work at the graduate level. An official transcript must be submitted electronically or received in hard copy by December 1, 2019. All transcripts must be official copies (no photocopies or screenshots are allowed).
Definition of an Official Transcript:
An electronic record of your academic progress, including grades earned, sent by a secure service (such as Naviance, eSCRIP-SAFE, or other system). Scanned, emailed, or uploaded copies are not considered official.
- A paper record of your academic progress, including grades earned. Official transcripts must arrive in an envelope sealed and stamped by the issuing institution.
Office of Admissions
The Juilliard School
60 Lincoln Center Plaza
New York, NY 10023
Your official transcript(s) must show all prior and current coursework equivalent or similar to a U.S. bachelor's degree (generally including at least 24 credits in liberal arts subjects).
- If your transcript is not in English, we require the transcript in its original language as well as a certified translation
- You will be notified if an official evaluation of your transcript is required to verify your academic level. Companies such as SpanTran, WES, or ECE can provide this service for a fee
In your application you will be required to identify two individuals who will provide your recommendations. These recommendations should:
- Be from a teacher, conductor, coach, or artistic mentor
- Address your talent and accomplishments
- Discuss the following individual characteristics that indicate potential for success in the field: perseverance, dedication, collegiality, and leadership
The recommendations are due February 1. Your recommenders will receive an email with a link to securely upload their recommendations to our application system. We will only accept recommendations received through our application system.